Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Life Giver

Romans 8:2 For the power of the life-giving Spirit—and this power is mine through Christ Jesus—has freed me from the vicious circle of sin and death (TLB).

If you are born again (a true Christian), you have the spirit of God living in you. The above scripture calls God's spirit the life-giving Spirit. This is the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead; through this same spirit that same resurrection power dwells in us. Therefore death has no power over us. This life giving Spirit quickens our bodies (Romans 8:11), it is our divine life line. Scripture speaks about two Adams; the first Adam in the Garden of Eden who sinned and died, and the second Adam (Jesus Christ) who came to save us from sin and was resurrected from death. There was a significant difference between both Adams the first was a mere human being made from dust while the second was supernatural, filled with the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 15:45).

This is why the second Adam was able to overcome temptations and live a purposeful life. He operated in and by a higher power, the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38). The good news is that the new man in Christ (born again believer) was gifted this same life-giving spirit. This spirit dwells in us to give us victory over death in every aspect of our lives. By this same precious Holy Spirit, we can enjoy life in our spiritual lives, health, marriages, relationships, finances, etc. Many believers have not learned how to activate and partner with the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16); that is why we see poor, sick, sinning Christians. The Holy Spirit was given to us so that we'd have the upper hand in all areas of life. We were not created to go with the flow. I read a quote earlier this week that stated "Only dead fish go with the flow." That is so true! Wise fish stay  with the school, they follow the teacher!

The Holy Spirit is our teacher (John 14:26). He was given to us to teach us ALL things not some things. At times we limit the Holy Spirit to spiritual things (such as prayer), he's more than that. The Lord Jesus Christ came to give us an abundant life (John 10:10), which covers every aspect of life (true prosperity). True prosperity is when you are fulfilled spiritually, physically, emotionally, materially, and financially.

I remember a time when one of the pastors of the church I attended while I was in college told me how she consulted the Holy Spirit about how to dress daily. When she mentioned it then, it sounded weird. But I decided to try it and in no time my dressing improved, I started get compliments from many people. I decided to apply this same principle with cooking. I remember the times when my father would come and visit me while in college. After eating the meal I had prepared for him, he'd politely ask if he could order Chinese food. I was terrible in the kitchen. My mom is an awesome cook, she taught I and my siblings how to cook at a very young age but I despised the kitchen. I spent countless hours there as a young lady so I never practiced what I was taught when I got older. When I began to prepare for marriage that was one area I had to tackle. So I invited the Holy Spirit's help once again, and now my husband is smiling and his belly is bigger...lol.

God cares about every aspect and minute detail of our lives. He's not too big to help us with what we consider “the small things” in our lives; if it was really that “small” it wouldn’t be an issue. He loves us and he cares about our total well-being. No area is off bounds with him, no subject is off bounds with the Holy Spirit. He is an expert in all things. He is a life giving spirit. As a believer no area of your life is permitted to be dead. Walk with the Spirit of God, invite him into every area of your life and receive life! 

Confessions: Heavenly Father, thank you for your precious Holy Spirit. Today I declare that I will partner and walk with him to receive all that pertains to life and godliness, in Jesus' name. Amen


Prayer starter: In the name of Lord Jesus, father I ask for a renew consciousness of your life given power that lives in me by the Holy Spirit. Amen 


You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.