Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Warm Welcome

Hello Everyone!!! Welcome!!! Glad to have you here. I hope that you've been enjoying this space. If you havent done so already please read the previous post about my last day at camp here.

*****

We took a bus to the church; it was only about two minutes away. I and a few other corpers were welcomed warmly. We were asked to write down our names and information on a sheet of paper.

We sat and waited around for much longer than I expected. All that was on my mind was a bed and a warm shower. My name was called and I was told that I'd be staying with a young lady. She was there and we exchanged greetings. She looked nice; I couldn't wait to get into her house and crash

One of the pastors offered to drive us to her place. It was walking distance to the church but my bag was so huge. We arrived outside of her place and I looked around and thought to myself "not bad". When we walked into her room, I was disappointed. It turns out that she was a student and lived in a dorm. I wanted my own space; however I couldn't complain. The good thing was that she lived alone.

I looked at the single bed at the corner of her room and cringed. I couldn't believe that I'd be sharing a bed with a perfect stranger. The pastor said his goodbyes and I started to settle down. 

The young lady was very nice. For the sake of this blog, we'll call her Karen. Karen made me feel very welcomed. She heated up water for me to take a shower and encouraged me to get some rest. I had to be up early in the morning to register at my place of primary assignment (PPA); basically it was where I'd be work for the next year. I was looking forward to getting registration over with so that I could go home. We were given a two week break.

Karen and I woke up early the next morning. She was so sweet, she took me to the location for registration; and waited to make sure that I was okay before heading to class. I and about 30 other corpers were placed in a room. We were told to introduce ourselves and the long-boring-unnecessary speeches began. 

After the numerous speeches we were told that some information on our posting letters was incorrect. The places that the letters stated that we were posted to were incorrect. We had to be reposted, and it would take a couple of days. I was NOT feeling that!

After about four days, they finally sorted everything out. Within that period, we had to go to our supervisors and introduce ourselves. They also had to approve us working with them and signed some documentation. When I went to meet my supervisor and other coworkers, they all seemed nice. I met a fellow corper that was there before me, he promised to show me the ropes.

During my time at Karen's place, I was overwhelmed with hospitality. She was so sweet! We connected instantly. It felt like we've known each other forever. 


To be continued...

You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.