Friday, April 17, 2015

Why is it so hard?

To live this Christian life... 

At times I don't feel like forgiving...why do I have to be the "bigger person" and apologize for something that wasn't my fault?
So what if I told a lie, it was a little white one...I did it because I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
My boss asked me to complete a task and I kinda "fake it"....googled-copied-pasted-it...I was just trying to meet a dead line.
I just want to have fun, I'm still young...a little drinking here and clubbing there isn't bad...I'll change when I'm ready to get married.
Yea I know he has a girlfriend but I think he's cute...a little flirting won't hurt nobody.
Yea I kissed her and touched places on her body that I can't mention...she's a virgin and she wants to wait until marriage but I gotta at least take a sneak peek of the contents package...

Sinning is a choice

It wasn't a choice when you weren't a Christian because it was what came naturally to you

However when you accepted the life of Christ, you died to sin (Romans 6:11)

Stop digging up empty graves...there's no "life" there.

Being a Christian is not hard

Yes you'll have to make some adjustments...yes old habits take time to change

Yes you still have the same ungodly desires

Yes you want to be free and enjoy your life

And yes it's a process, but you dictate the pace

The longer you fondle with sin, the deeper you fall

The harder it'll be to come back up


Then the cycle continues...take three steps forwards -living right, loving up on Jesus...and then that same old sin gets you again and you fall eight steps back

That sin which easily begets you (Hebrews 12:1), you have to stay away from it...avoid it at all cost; because if you continue in it, it can cost you all

Joseph didn't flee from Potiphar's wife because he had EDD, he fled because he wasn't ready to give up his big dreams...for a few moments of pleasure

You dreams are worth living for...they're worth chasing after...that's Godly dreams to be precise

Christ came and gave you the easy way out (2 Corinthians 11:3), Christianity is simpler than you

Yeah you may be thinking "easier said then done", I'm not judging you...I've been there too...in fact I was stuck in my ways for many years...making excuses for why I couldn't live right

The devil had me fooled, he told me Christianity was too hard...he said I'll never make the mark

But now I laugh, I laugh because I'm truly free now, I laugh because I know the truth, I laugh because I don't have to live this life with my own strength, I laugh because I've been endowed with power from on high and as Christ is in heaven so I am on earth

I am dead to sin! 

And I'm ALIVE to Christ!!!!

Sin can no longer control me (Romans 6:14), because I'm the boss now...I'm grace made

Wondering how I got to this place?.... I let go of the wheel and let Jesus drive

I laid hold on the Word of God and allowed it to change my mindset (1 Timothy 6:12), I allowed it to wash me, to transform me (Romans 12:2)

And then I shut out the voice of the devil with this same word...I told him to shut up and have several seats, he's not the boss of me!!!

Be free, live the life Jesus came to give...believe the Word

The greatest power lies within...activate it...choose life...it's not hard

Wait before you go:

1. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

2. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' located on the right of this post.


3. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

4. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

5. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

You're blessed!

-Bunmi

5 comments:

  1. Blessed inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing the truth.
    God bless you, Pastor Bunmi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Yetty O! God bless you! Be sure to come back and read again!

      Delete
  2. Blessed inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing the truth.
    God bless you, Pastor Bunmi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this post. I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading Oyelola, I'm glad that you enjoyed it! God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.