Friday, April 24, 2015

Oh How I LOVE the name JESUS!


And I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the Father's glory will be shown through the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 GNT)

It was a cold Sunday morning in January. I was on my way home with my sister, cousin, and friend from a church prayer retreat. I was exhausted and I had about a two hour drive. I slipped in a CD, and about twenty minutes into the drive I woke up to the car spinning on the highway. All I could do was shout "Jesus". A few minutes later, we landed on the right shoulder of the highway with no damages to ourselves or the car.

What happened?: I had fallen asleep behind the wheel, when I woke up the car was skidding on black ice and I instantly stomped on the brakes (big mistake). After I whispered "Jesus" a few times, I felt the car being lifted in the air from the left lane of the highway and being gently placed down on the right shoulder. What saved us??? It was the name of Jesus!!!

There is power in the name of Jesus. Real power, absolute, miracle working power (Mark 16:17-18).

You won't benefit from this power if you are not fully aware of its potency.
There's nothing that can override the power embedded in the name of Jesus. In this name lies access to three realms: Heaven, earth, and hell (Philippians 2:9-11).
The believer is given this name to function authoritatively. The name of Jesus is our birthright. The name of Jesus spoken from our lips bring him to center stage. He takes the spotlight and addresses the situation as we speak his name. Whether it's healing, safety, financial provision, family issues, etc.

Jesus was given the name above all the names, all the power that exists belongs to him (Matthew 28:18). We were given the permission to make demands with this name. So what's stopping you? Don't be ignorant of what you've been given. It's a powerful tool that nothing can't resist. Use the name of Jesus today! Speak to your situation or circumstance in the name of Jesus. As you speak, whatever does not glorify God in your life must bow. 

There's power in the name of Jesus!!!

Confession: Father, thank you for the authority that I've been given in the name of Jesus. I declare that I believe in the wonder working power of the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer starter: In the name of Jesus, I speak to every situation that does not glorify God ---mention here--- in my life. I declare that you will begin to prosper according to the perfect Will of God. Amen

You're blessed!

Bunmi

Wait before you go:

1. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

2. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' located on the right of this post.


3. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

4. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

5. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.