Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Give Love, Give Life


1 John 4:8-16King James Version (KJV)

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Love is the substance of life, we are all here on Earth as the result of an act of love. Love created man (human beings), no other being could have phantomed every intrinsic detail of man. From every cell, tissue, and organ to each strand of hair on man's head down to each toe nail; each fiber of man's being is laced with love. 


I caught the glimpse of this after giving birth to my daughter a few months ago. I remember the first ultrasound that I had while 6 weeks pregnant, all I saw was a glimpse of her limbs attached to her tiny body. I marveled as she began to develop and form in my womb without affecting any other part of my body. I was amazed at how my body automatically adjusted to accommodate my growing baby. And on the day of her birth, I was taken aback! She was indeed fearfully and wonderfully made. Every inch of her was perfect. I couldn't have done this alone, even in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined this great gift.

Man is indeed love's idea, he's love's greatest creation (Genesis 1:26-28). Even when man gave up his power to the enemy, Love didn't give up on him. Love produced a better and more superior life than before (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Love is the very essence life, love always gives, love is God's gift to the world. A life without love is a life not worth living. We minister life to others by showcasing the love of God to them (1 John 3:14). Love is always the truth, love is always the way, because love is life (John 14:6). 

When love gave his greatest gift for mankind, he requested one thing from us. He gave us his all and he expects us to reciprocate what we've received. Jesus asked us to love God and others (Matthew 22:36-40), the good news is that we don't have to do it in our own strength. Love dwells in us, it's been disperse in our hearts (Romans 5:5). All you have to do is turn on the switch and aim to always choose love. Even when someone pisses you off or when someone hurts you...when someone disrespects you...when someone takes advantage of you...when someone cuts you off while driving...when someone rips you off...choose LOVE. Don't get me wrong you have a right to be upset or feel sad, your feelings are not wrong. It's how you deal with them that determines whether they're right or wrong.

You can never go wrong with love. Even the hardest heart can be soften with love. Make the world a better place, walk in love towards all men and give life. 

Confession: Father I thank you for the your love that you've placed in my heart, I choose to give it to all people, therefore showcasing your life. I live above my feelings and decide to always choose love in every situation in Jesus' name. Amen.

Prayer starter: Father I come to you today asking for the wisdom and grace to love people that seem difficult and to truly forgive those that have hurt me. Today I release ---name person--- today and choose to love him and her instead. In Jesus' name. Amen

Wait before you go:

1. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

2. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' located on the right of this post.


3. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

4. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

You're blessed!

Bunmi Adebiyi


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your word of encouragement and for also reminding me of how much God loves me. I have been so busy these days so I have a lot of catching up to do 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Oyelola, God's love amazes all the time. Thanks for reading, stay blessed.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.