Monday, March 21, 2016

So Much So Fast

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and I pray that you'll have an amazing week ahead!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I continue my personal testimony today. Please view previous posts if you haven't done so already. Just click on the "Destiny Steps" tab.

****
After those series of events, things began to happen so fast. As my reason for being in Nigeria became clearer, it became more obvious that I had to end things with Raymond. My family and friends were no longer in support of the relationship as well.

My mom visited Nigeria in September; he saw her for a few minutes and left because we had gotten into an argument prior. Afterwards, he ignored mine and my mom's calls throughout the time she was there. My uncle asked him to come and see him several times and he never did. My dad complained about him never calling, he was unbothered. For the most part my friends never liked him. What was I waiting for?

As I took time to ponder upon all of the above and much more, I mustered up the courage and called it quits over phone one evening in November. I don't remember my exact words but I let him know that "we" we're not working. He sounded shocked; I guess I caught him off guard. He didn't say much as we said our goodbyes. 

I usually didn't do well after breakups, so I dreaded the aftermath. I reluctantly hung up the phone to face the music. Surprisingly, I actually liked the music that I was facing this time around. I felt at peace, it was such a weird feeling for me. I tried to be sad, I tried to cry but I couldn't! I just knew that I made the right decision.

I informed Pastor Tee shortly afterwards and he sighed for relief. I told Karen also and she was happy, she couldn't hide it. I felt neutral, I wasn't jumping for joy but I was good. I informed all my family and friends and they all consoled me, I'm sure that they were doing cartwheels. Prior to the breakup, being alone again frightened me. But I decided to enjoy the time alone and focus on what God sent me to Nigeria for. I was ultimately done with relationships, I couldn't be bothered thinking about another anytime soon.


Shortly after the breakup, while at church for a Corper's fellowship (which I and Karen started) meeting, someone came to ask for me. A young lady with a beautiful smile told me that the senior pastors were looking for me. At first, I was afraid and secretly prayed that nothing bad happened to my family.

As we walked to the church office which was about 5 minutes away, the young lady shielded me from the scorching sun with her umbrella. I felt special! As I walked into the office, I saw a lot of people waiting. I was told to walk right in...I took one step at a time, while I wondered what was going on.

By time I got to the office, I saw them both seated and smiling at me from ear to ear. We exchanged greetings and they proceeded to tell me that the Lord told them some things about me. I sat there thinking "What is going on??? Why is God singling me out like this?” They asked about my family, childhood, background, etc. They also told me so many things, I sat there overwhelmed. They told me that I was a ministry gift (that I've been called into the ministry). Now that shocked me! I always knew that I'd be actively involved in church but never at that level. At most, I thought that I'd be a deacon...If I only knew...haha. They also told me that God wanted to use me to take the ministry outside of the country. They asked if I was engaged and this time around, I said no! I explained the reason for the breakup and they told me to not to be bothered and focus on other things.

Before I left their office, they prayed for me and one word to describe it is: EXPLOSIVE! As the prayed for me, it was like an outer body experience. All I know is that I walked out of their office a changed woman!

****
One of the things that they told me was that I had to finish foundation school so that I could become a steward (church volunteer) and join their mentoring platforms. I finally took it more seriously and aimed to finish up ASAP.

One evening while at foundation school, a young man just came out of nowhere and sat with my group. He began to ask tons of questions by starting with me. I was annoyed, first of all who was he? Second of all, I hated to be called out! His question to me was "How do you study the bible?" I don't remember my response but it wasn't the answer that he was looking for. For the rest of the session, I felt bad. I was embarrassed, I hated being wrong.

After foundation school was over, he introduced himself to me. He said that his name was Pastor Tunde Adebiyi, I said hello and kept it short. I dreaded the bus ride back home and I was hungry. Surprisingly, he offered to take me and some other people home. Throughout the ride home, he kept talking and asking questions. I gave short answers as I looked out the window, ever ready to get home. As soon as he got to the front of my apartment complex, I practically ran out after saying a quick thank you and goodnight.

This same pastor came around during my next class also. This time around he didn't come to my group or ask me a question. But he made small talk after foundation school. Before he could offer to take me home, I ran off to the bus stop. 

I didn't realize it then but shortly after, I realized that this was the man that God said was my husband a few weeks ago. I still wasn't convinced, it was all mistake. There was no way that he'd want to marry me. He looked like a goody-too-shoes and I had an ugly past. Yea, I was definitely mistaken!

To be continued....



You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt


2 comments:

  1. Lovely testimony to be continued...haven't read the preceding posts, but I'm already blessed by this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Jennifer! I'm glad that you were blessed!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.