Monday, March 07, 2016

Different Paths

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you had a great weekend! And I pray that this week will be a prosperous one for you in Jesus' name!

In today's post, I continue my personal testimony. If you haven't read the previous posts, please click the "Destiny Steps" tab at the top of the page.

****

During my time of confusion about my relationship with Raymond, I met some amazing people. And I started to adjust to my new environment. With all the emotional drama that I was experiencing with Raymond, I almost lost sight of the reason why I moved to Nigeria. While everything was new to me: the people, the culture, some of the food, etc.; I decided to make the best of it.

When I met Sarah, she helped me to refocus on the purpose of my relocating to Nigeria. Once a week every corper within a specific region meets up at the local NYSC office. We all had to join community development service (CDS) groups. I joined the charity CDS group and met quite a number of people that way; Sarah was one of them. I never noticed her prior to the day when she walked up to me and introduced herself.

One thing that stood out to me about her was that she was a natural beauty. She didn't have on any makeup or flashy jewelry or accessories; yet she was simply gorgeous. She asked for my name and we started a conversation. She mentioned that she'd seen me a few times at church. She went on to tell me that God told her some things about me. She said that God told her that I was in Ife for a reason and that I'd do great things during my time there. I was taken aback, I didn't know her but she spoke with so much certainty; I was convinced that she was telling the truth. However, at the back of my mind I wondered what she meant. What did I have to offer? Up until then, I was just going with the flow. Counting down the days until when NYSC would be over.

After meeting Sarah, those words never left me. I kept thinking what exactly I was supposed to be doing in Ife. Sarah and I became very close in a short period of time. One day during the prayer and fasting period, Sarah and I were talking and I told her about Raymond. I shared my concerns and told her how confused I was. Out of nowhere she said "God will NOT tell you to marry someone who drinks and smokes" (Disclaimer: Nothing against people who drink or smoke, but that Word was specific to me). Those words hit me like a ton of bricks; she said it with so much emotion and conviction. I felt like God was speaking to me through her. She went on to tell me about how her dad was a drunk and was abusive towards her mother while she was younger.

After that day, while relaxing on my bed and thinking about everything. In my heart, I asked God what I should do and this scripture dropped in my heart: “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” Amos 3:3 KJV. It hit me! There was no way that Raymond and I could make progress because we didn't agree about each other's lifestyles, religious beliefs, etc. We were on two different paths, on two different wavelengths, we didn't see eye to eye. There was no way that we could walk together; because marriage is indeed a walk. For a successful marriage, that walk has to be in sync between the husband and wife. I couldn't see him in my future; I didn't believe that he could lead me as the head of our home. That day, I made up my mind to end it.


To be continued...


You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.