Saturday, March 12, 2016

Blessing in Disguise

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a great week and I pray that you'll have an amazing weekend!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I continue my personal testimony today. Please view previous posts if you haven't done so already. Just click on the "Destiny Steps" tab.

****

Enjoy!

****

Even though I knew that it was time to call it quits, I took some time to draw the curtains over the relationship. I didn't want to hurt his feelings and I contemplated how to let him down gently.

While this was going on, other great things were happening. As I continued the praying and fasting, God revealed a few things to me. The first thing that he told me while I was praying one day was that he sent me to Ife for training. I wasn't exactly sure of what that meant but I assumed that it was for training for spiritual growth.

I attended God's Love Tabernacle International Church (GLT) and boy was it intense. I remember one service in particular, I thought to myself "this is how church is supposed to be". My life has been transformed by this ministry in short period of time. By attending GLT, I was inspired by people who not only "talked the talk" but they "walked the walk". There was no half stepping, these people were sold out for Christ!

During the course of the month of praying and fasting, there were daily early morning prayer meetings and other special programs. One program in particular was held on a Saturday morning, at 8 am. Initially, I had no intention of going. I had a long week and I wanted to sleep in. But for some reason, I got up that day and dragged my feet to church.

I had no idea that my life was about to change forever. As praise and worship was going on and I struggled to sing along. As I struggled to focus, a young man walked passed me and suddenly caught my attention. I didn't remember ever seeing him before. As he walked passed me, God spoke to my heart and said "That's your husband." I was stunned! Where did that come from? It made absolutely no sense to me! I shoved the thought aside and figured I was hallucinating because I was half asleep,

Another time during the service, I looked over at the pastor's wife and the Lord told me, "She's attached to your destiny, follow her." I was happy about that one! I've been praying for a mentor for so long and she seemed like a nice woman. I looked forward for the opportunity to meet her one day.

The rest of the service was long but I enjoyed it. At the end, I was glad that I came. After the service, I saw Pastor Tee and Sarah standing next to each other. I walked over to say hello. And they both started talking at the same time. Sarah said, "I had a dream about you, I have to introduce to Pastor." Pastor Tee immediately said, "I wanted to introduce her to both Pastors!" Sarah asked him, "Can I please do it?" Pastor Tee said, "No!" And before I knew it, he was taking me towards the Senior Pastor. By the time we got there, the Pastor's wife was gone. But Pastor Tee was able to introduce me to the Senior Pastor briefly. He was really nice!

Afterwards, I went home and decided to relax for the rest of the day.

A few days after, Sarah said that she told the Pastor's wife about me and wanted me to meet her. That day we both went to her office and Sarah introduced me to her. She was so pleasant. I told her why I relocated to Nigeria and answered a few questions that she had. While we spoke, she told me that the Lord just told her that he sent me to Ife to train me for ministry. I was taken aback, I didn't expect to hear that.

At one point, she stopped talking and started smiling. She asked if I was engaged and I said no. She went on to say, that she sees something but she'll allow the Holy Spirit to sort it out. For some reason, I understood what she meant. I remembered what God told me about that young man being my husband a few days ago. But I still wasn't convinced so I brushed it off. She went on to tell me to join her and her husband's mentoring programs and to work closely with Sarah on some things.

I left her office that day feeling good. There was a connection that I felt with her. I knew that I was in good hands. 

While we were walking back to church Sarah asked me, "Why did you say that you weren't engaged? I wanted you to talk to her about your relationship." I had totally forgotten! At GLT, once you're in relationship you've considered to be engaged because the relationship would lead to marriage. They didn't believe in dating. I apologized and told her that I forgot. In the back of my mind, I knew that I was done with Raymond; so I thought that maybe it wasn't a mistake after all.

The prayer and fasting came to an end after one month. And I was so refreshed and rejuvenated. I was supposed to travel back to the US during that month to get the rest of my things and to attend my friend's wedding but NYSC denied my request to travel. Many people blamed me because I refused to lie. Apparently, some of the officials don't like the truth. No one wanted to approve me going to the US for a wedding. I was highly upset after waiting for the top NYSC official in my state for about three hours to get approval. Only for him to say no and ask why I didn't bring all my stuff at once. Little didn't I know that it was a blessing in disguise. I may have lost the money I spent on the ticket but I gained much more.

To be continued...


You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.