Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Take It Personal

“For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).”
2 Peter 1:3 AMP

Many people are not living out the life of their dreams because they have not discovered the key. Proverbs 4:20-22, tells us to pay attention to God's Word because it is life to those that find it. The Word of God is the essence of all things, it has the power to produce what it says but you have to find it. The opening scripture tells us that we gain access to all the things that God has provided through a full or well-rounded and personal knowledge of God. The message translation says it like this, “Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God." 2 Peter 1:3-4 MSG. The Lord Jesus is the living Word of God, he came to earth to reveal God the father to us (John 1:14).

In order for the Word to be made good in your life, you have to take it personal (Matthew 4:4). There is life in the Word, abundant life (John 10:10). The Word of God is the container of his power (Hebrews 1:3
Hebrews 4:12 NLT). It is real, it is tangible. It will produce results for you when you take it personal; living the life of your dreams is totally up to you. The Word of God becomes real to us when we have a personal revelation of it (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3). It's not enough to read or listen to other people's revelations, having an intimate relationship with God is a personal decision.

If you believe that God is who the Word says he is and that he sent Jesus Christ to do what the Word says he did; you'll take the Word personally. All your inheritances are in the Word, God willed the Word to us to reveal his perfect Will for our lives. But at times, we tend to be too busy to study the Word of God. A friend of mine posted this quote on Instagram a few hours ago: "If you don't have time to pray & read scriptures, you are busier than God ever intended you to be." Isn't that the truth? Your needs and desires are not irrelevant, yes you need to work, go to school, pay bills, eat, etc. But there's a more excellent way, there's an expressway, a short cut to success. 

You don't have to play by natural rules or attempt to keep up with the Joneses, you don't have to be a jack or all trades but master of none. There is a path that God has paved specifically for you, as you seek his face and learn to walk with him he will reveal his perfect plan for your life. The good news is that this plan is good (Jeremiah 29:11), you are the star in this plan, you always win, this plan gives you the future that you hope for- full of joy, success, and all round prosperity. This doesn't mean that you won't have work to do (James 2:17), it would be graceful work- guaranteed success (1 Corinthians 15:10).

During a major trial that I faced a while ago, in the midst of my frustration I began to question God. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? And the Lord spoke to my heart, he told me to give more attention to his Word. I didn't understand his response initially but I obeyed, I gave myself a personal target. I decided to study (not just read) the Word for a specific amount of time daily. At times, I'd reach my daily goal and at other times I wouldn't but I never gave up. I also decided to listen to messages (sermons) throughout the day while going about my daily business. I saw significant improvements in a short time, the Word works! 
Join me, let's challenge ourselves, make it a New Year's "resolution", I guarantee that you will not remain the same! Start off with just a few minutes a day and increase the time in increments. If you can watch a TV show or surf the Internet for hours on end, you can do the same with studying God's Word. To keep myself in check, I'll watch a movie (I am very selective with the types of movies that I watch) for a specific amount of time and then listen to a message for about the same timeframe or more. Remember "You are what you eat", so take it personal! 

Confession: In the name of the Lord Jesus, I give attention to God's Word. I believe it, recieve it and act on it! I take it as God's personal love letter to me!  Amen.


Prayer Starter: Father I make up my mind to spend more time in your Word. Today I ask for the strength to be diligent, in Jesus' name. Amen.



You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.