Saturday, February 20, 2016

A "Not-So" Pleasant Surprise

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! For all the new readers, you're welcome! I'd encourage you to go through previous posts so that you can get a drift of what's going on. Today I will continue my personal testimony...enjoy!

****
After the birthday fiasco, I made up my mind...I was done! There was no point of continuing this pseudo relationship...there was nothing to look forward to. I fell in love with a concept, not the real deal. I was disappointed and hurt. How did I allow this to happen again? Another heart break! Another failed relationship! I should have known better!

Pastor Tee was so helpful; he tried to get me to see that I was settling. But he was gentle about it. He showed me the pros and cons, but never insisted on anything. He left the ball in my court and allowed me to play it out alone. The decision was mine and he respected that. I'm sure he was praying for me because I was blinded for a while but suddenly I began to see some light.

After my birthday in September, I decided to no longer put any more effort into the relationship with Raymond. If he called it was okay, if not I didn't bother to pick up my phone. I kept myself busy with church activities. I tried not to think of him because when I did, I'd feel sad. 

One day after church while talking to Karen, I saw that I had a missed call from him. I told Karen (she was aware of our issues) and she told me to call back. I told her how disappointed I was in him and didn't want anything to do with him. But she encouraged me to return his phone call. So I obliged, while we were walking out of the church premises. He picks up and told me that he was on the way to Ife. He said he wanted to surprise me but got lost along the way. He told me that he would see me soon; he had been redirected to the right way. I don't remember saying much because I didn't want to see him. I hung up and informed Karen.

She tried to get me excited but I wasn't having it. I kept complaining as we walked along the road. I told her how I didn't have any food at home, etc. Karen, being the sweetheart that she is told me to come back to her room. She gave me some meat stew and told me to cook some rice for him to eat it with. I was reluctant, in my opinion I felt like he should starve; after the way he had being treating me. She hurriedly told me to go home and get prepared for his visit; I dragged my feet to the bus stop.

I laid down on my bed waiting for Mr. Raymond to show up. A part of me didn't believe that he'd show up. Judging from his track record, he couldn't be trusted. He called about an hour later and said that he was 30 minutes away. He also mentioned that he brought his friend along. That annoyed me further because the stew that Karen gave me wouldn't be enough for two. And I didn't have any groceries at home. The thought of going to the market and cooking was not inviting. I decided to buy them food instead.

He finally arrived about 40 minutes after the last call. His mom sent him with some food items for me. God bless her heart, she was so nice to me. We exchanged hugs and I welcomed them in. He marveled at how nice my apartment complex was. After they settled down, I told him that I wanted to buy them some food. He asked if I wanted him to drive me but I said no, they were both obviously tired.

I arrived shortly and served them both. They both devoured the food, Raymond even asked for seconds. After eating we just chilled. My flat (apartment) was very small; it was basically a studio apartment, no living room area. As soon as you walk in, you'd see my bed. So his friend sat on my mini sofa while Raymond and I sat on the bed. They both watched football. Raymond and I would talk here and there. It f'elt good being close to him, he was being nice and sweet. That's the side of him that I fell in love with. While we sat on that bed, I started to reconsider my decision to end it all.

At one point, I moved close to his face and I smelled a hint of beer. Urg! Just when I was reconsidering, his true colors oozes out! I jokingly mentioned that he smelled like beer and he changed the subject. I wanted to enjoy the moment so I brushed it off. He chilled with me for about two hours and then he had to leave; he had to work in the morning. I walked them to the car; he looked around again and said that he really liked the design of the complex. I told him that we should look into building similar complexes in the future and he nodded his head. Right before he went into his car, he drew close to me and asked for a kiss. I was surprised, he never asked for a kiss before. And of course that was a no go area, I smiled and shook my head no. He asked again and I gave the same response. He eventually got into the car and we said our goodbyes. 

I called to check on him a few times. There was a lot of traffic so they had to stop over at a friend's house and spend the night. I called his mom to thank her for all the things that she sent. 

I laid on the bed for the rest of the evening. I was confused. I liked Raymond, and I believed that he had potential. He was a good person but he needed guidance. He was gentle but I needed a leader. He was handsome but I needed someone that would love me as Christ loved the church. He made a good amount of money for a living, but would that be enough? Would I be okay sleeping beside a drunken man at night? Would I be okay with going to church alone? Was I willing to sacrifice my devotion to God for a man that didn't understand? As I drifted to sleep these and many other thoughts were on replay in my mind.

To be continued...


You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.