Sunday, December 06, 2015

December Reflections

Hello Everyone! Happy New Month!! DECEMBER IS HERE!!!


The year is coming to an end, as many others I having been reflecting on this year for the past few days. For my family and I this has been a challenging year. We experienced trails and tribulations on many levels. There were times when I felt like throwing in the towel, there were times when I felt hopeless and alone. I didn't understand why I had to go through it, I didn't see that it was all a blessing in disguise. I didn't understand that it was strengthen me, perfecting me, and making wiser. I didn't understand that I needed to go through it, I didn't understand that it would all work together for my good. 

A few months ago while speaking to my spiritual mother she said something that caught me off guard. She said, "You are going through these things because of the people that you are sent to". I must admit that I didn't take that word with rejoicing in my heart initially. Frankly, I was in a bad state and I couldn't handle that statement then and there. 

A few weeks ago, someone contacted me about her current situation. She mentioned how unhappy she was and it was like she was describing my situation a few months ago. When I told her that I understood how she felt and shared my testimony she was shocked, she was encouraged and happy that I understood her plight. The statement that my spiritual mother made a few months back, came to mind and I was able to smile about it this time around. If I could encourage and counsel someone else based on my experiences it makes it worth it. I thanked God for the privilege.

I was reminded that there is more to life than you, your family, your career, your material possessions, your relationships, your finances, etc. Life is about giving, it is about lifting others up. It's about being there for people, loving people, helping people. Life has more meaning when you're able to put a smile on someone's face. Life is about service. I want to be more dedicated to life, giving my all.

The only regrets that I have from this year was complaining during the trails, being upset and moody. Forgetting that God loves me and was right beside me through it all. I regret the times when I was too busy wallowing in my sorrows that I couldn't see the needs around me. I regret the times when I mumbled about the things I did not have, while failing to acknowledge the numerous good things that I did have.

A few hours ago, I logged onto facebook and the first thing I noticed on my newsfeed was a college friend announcing the death of her husband. He died at a very young age and left behind his wife, their two young children and others. As I read the details of his death, my heart broke. I cried inwardly for this young woman that suddenly became a widow. I can not imagine what see is going through and what the next few days, months, and years would be like for her and her children...especially during this holiday season. I shared my condolences on her wall and said a prayer for her and her family afterwards. 

I revisited my issues and they suddenly seemed insignificant, I began to thank God for everything. I thanked God for life. If I had lost my life, I wouldn't even have the capacity to worry, doubt, fear or complain. I discovered that the greatest trials turned out to be the biggest testimonies. God has been faithful, God is good! He has proven his love for us continually. In the midst of it all, he has always come through for us. He never left us stranded. As I write, emotions well up within me. Thanksgiving overflows from my heart. 

James 1:2-4 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.(NLT)

The bible tells us to consider times of trouble as an opportunity of great joy. In those times, joy may be the last thing on your mind but if you will take time to praise the Lord you will have a testimony. At times you'll have to give thanks by faith, some people may call it faking it until you make it but I call it Faithing it until it manifests. The key to joy is rejoicing...whenever you feel like joy is seeping away, begin to praise the Lord. If you keep at it, you will be filled with unshakable joy...try it!

To top it all off, I hear the voice of the Lord whispering "It's not over yet... I'm not done with you yet...there's more!" I'm excited, this is the last month of the year and I'm convinced that God has saved the best for the last! Yes, he will crown this year with a bountiful harvest (Psalm 65:11 NLT) and he will fulfill every promise (Psalm 138:8 GNT). Even as I write this, the Lord is saying that this is his Will for you as the year comes to an end. Get ready, you will end this year with a BANG! Just believe and rest.

Love you all so much, thank you for your support. God bless you!

You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_



6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


2 comments:

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.