Friday, June 19, 2015

You're Gifted


Each one, as a good manager of God's different gifts, must use for the good of others the special gift he has received from God. (1 Peter 4:10 GNT)


God has created us all with something special to impact our world with. We were all created different to make a difference. There's something deep within you longing to find an expression. It's crying out "Set me free!" Someone is waiting for you to step out your comfort zone, they're waiting for you to arise and shine (Isaiah 60:1).

"There are people that are tied to your destiny, we've been saved, healed, delivered, and blessed to be a blessing. If you fail to arise, those people that are tied to you can't take their place in destiny."

A couple of years ago, someone told me something similar to the above statement. I was stunned and became speechless. "Who me?" I thought to myself. Deep down within, I knew that her words were not ordinary but prophetic. Those words became my driving force; my new mission became to live to serve others. I could not sit back and watch other people live a sub-standard life because I was too scared to take the spotlight. I made up my mind to no longer live "behind the scenes". I am created for glory and honor so I had to step out and begin to shine. 

We all have unique gifts, God gave them to us. These gifts were given free so that we can give them out freely. Don't ever for one second believe the lie of the devil that says that there's nothing special about you. The opening scripture tells us to use our gifts for the good of others, not to compete against or envy one another but for good. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always desired to be a singer but I could never hit the right note. I'd pray to God to touch my voice and envision myself on stages ministering to thousands. Then I woke up one morning and smelled the coffee, I accepted that singing wasn't my gift. Instead I appreciate and celebrate those who have that gift, and by the grace of God I will even sponsor people with this gift.

While Jesus was on earth, the bible says he went about doing good (Acts 10:38). He didn't go around bullying people while flexing his powers. He didn't go around saying "Hey! Look what I can do" and rubbing it in people's faces that he was the son of God. Instead he used his gift of salvation to save people from their diseases, false doctrine, the power of the enemy, death, and lack. He went around meeting needs with his gift. He humbled himself, came down to the Earth that he created to save those that he created. Yet he remained silent as he was led to the cross by those that he came to save, they taunted him and called him names but he didn't budge (Isaiah53:7). Oh how I love Jesus! His love for us is amazing! 

As believers we are one body with Jesus as our head (1 Corinthians 12:12). We should be encouraging and celebrating each other. When one part of the body shines, we all do (1 Corinthians 12:26). We are a team with a joint mission to showcase God's glory. Enough is enough the world is waiting for us to take our place (Romans 8:19).

Discover your purpose and walk in it! Yes I know you have bills to pay, God his also aware of this fact. He's given us the secret, make God's kingdom (doing his Will) your priority and ALL of the things you need will be given to you (Matthew 6:33). He's the greatest employer; he'll never withhold your wages. You'll reap what you've sown. Your destiny is great, it's in the pursuit and actualization of it that'll you'll attain greatest. Your gift makes room for you (Proverbs 18:16). It brings you to a place of prominence, a place of influence, a place of multiple impacts, and a place of honor. By manifesting that gift, man will celebrate you. This is how you'll leave behind a legacy and an inheritance that generations to come will thank God for (Proverbs 13:22).

What's your gift? If you've discovered it go ahead and take a leap of faith. I promise you won't fall, you may stumble a few times by God is right there catching you in his arms. Pray for direction and clarity; be open to what the Lord is saying. Don't be afraid, if you do God's Will his way and in his timing, it is impossible for you to fail.

If you haven't discovered your gift, no worries. Go back to the master of creation. Your maker is the only that can reveal what he created you for. Go before him in prayer and he'll show you. Trust me, it'll be a beauty to behold. It may stun you a bit but don't be alarmed, your path in life is supposed to be bright (Proverbs 4:18). You may not be able to see the entire picture at first glance, but keep looking and walking toward it, it'll become clearer.

Confession: In the name of Jesus, I declare that the grace (gift of God) finds expression through me. I prosper in the Will of God for my life. Amen.

Prayer starter: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gifts that you've deposited within me. I pray for clarity and wisdom to fulfill your purpose for my existence in Jesus' name. Amen.

You're blessed!


- Bunmi


Wait before you go:


1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_



6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi  

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.