Monday, June 29, 2015

My Thoughts

Over the pass few days I've heard and read numerous comments on the Supreme Court's ruling on same sex marriage. Intially I was stunned and unsettled but now I am rejoicing. As I spent some time thinking about the potential consequences of this ruling, a number of scriptures kept coming to my mind. The Holy Spirit began to speak to my heart. 

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (Isaiah 60:2 KJV)

There is no denying that this are times of gross darkness, with the likes of ISIS, Police brutality, Religious/Racial-hate crimes, etc. As that scripture came to my heart, I remembered the words of my husband a few weeks ago as he taught on it. He said that "In the times of darkness, light shines the brightest". Those words echo through my being and I was encouraged, I was reminded that I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14). Therefore in these times, I will not loose hope, I will not be discouraged, I will not comprise, instead I will position myself to shine!

I heard people make statements such as, "This is the beginning of America's downfall", "When God is done with America, Soddom and Gomorrah will be nothing", etc. I laugh to myself, because I know that America is preserved because we the righteous are here. I will not be moved because God's mercy will prevail over judgement as we believers arise and begin to intercede for our rulers and nation (1Timothy 2:1-4). We serve a God who knows the end from the beginning, this is not news to him. It reminds me of the portion of scripture that says the lamb of God was slain before the foundation of the world. God provided a solution to the sin problem ages ago, it still applies. The enemy thinks that he has won, but it is being turned for good. 

It is a critical time for America, a time of revival. Don't get it twisted, the Lord is always in control. 

All this energy issues from Christ: God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ’s body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence. (Ephesians 1:20-23 MSG)

Indeed the church is not peripheral to the world, it's the other way around! I refuse to allow the enemy to use this ruling to turn us against each other. This is not a homosexual vs. church issue. I am not mad at what lifestyle you choose. I will not look down on you or condemn you, a sin is sin; whether it's lying, stealing, being angry, being fearful, murder, etc. The truth is I was once in your shoes I just chose a different set of sins, as a matter of we (believers) all were. If we were never sinners, we wouldn't have needed to be saved. Sin is not just an act, it's a nature. You can't expect a person to behave contrary to their nature, it's all they know.

I'll love you, I'll pray for you and I'll love you and pray for you and love you and pray for you....I won't give up because love is patient, I won't be mean because love is kind, I will be gentle with you because love doesn't force itself on others, I will not have an holy-than-thou attitude because love is not puffed up, I will never looked down on you because love always believes the best. I will love you! I will pray that you will discover what true freedom, like I did. I will pray that the scales will fall off of your eyes so that you can see the light and be enlightened.

So fellow believers, this is the time that the world has been waiting for. It is the time of manifestation for  us (the sons of God). It's time to love others absolutely regardless of their sexual orientation, color of their skin, their occupation, etc. it's our time to arise and shine as the light of the world. We are the salt of this nation, it will be preserved because of us. 

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
The foundation of America is built on God, I prophesy that America will not fall, instead America will stand. America will be restored and receive mercy, this nation will return to God. The glory of the Lord is upon America. It's a new dawn for us.

God BLESS America!
And God bless you also!


- Bunmi


Wait before you go:


1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi







2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Bunmi. For some reason, this touched me the most of all your posts so far. May the Lord continue to use you to bless nations as you've blessed me. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, I'm glad that you were blessed...all glory to God! Stay blessed.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.