Friday, March 27, 2015

College Dayz 2

Howard University(HU)...my oh my, the memories! For all my fellow alumni out there, H....U....You Know!!!

HU was a VERY different from SUNY Albany...it was huge...there was so much going on...so many people...so many things to do, etc. Thankfully, I had three amazing women to "brave the storm" with...if I was alone, intimidation and fear of the unknown would have sent me packing...


Like I said prior, we did eveything together...


*To make things easier, I'll give them names that I'll refer to them as on this blog*  My roommate from Albany = Amanda, her cousin = Lisa, her best friend = Jennifer.

During my first semester, I took general courses (i.e. biology, an English course, etc.) By the end of the semester, the pressure was on! I had to officially declare a major. Amanda and Lisa chose pharmacy, Jennifer chose nursing. After reading through the numerous majors offered at our school, I stumbled on something that seemed pretty cool....Physical Therapy (PT).


It was not the first time that I've heard of it. A flashback of how I was introduced to PT comes to mind....it was in a classroom at my High School (Secondary School)...it was during a deep discussion...I sat quietly as a young lady passionately described and emphasized her love for PT...she got my attention... PT was different...I could help people feel better...it was still in the medical field...and very versatile...yup it was love at first sight...but things got complicated when it wasn't available in SUNY Albany...however HU rekindled our flame!

So I selected Physical Therapy, I liked it because I would be able to help people get better after trageic events and it also paid well! I informed my parents and they were thrilled, yay! finally!


However, it saddened me that I'd no longer take classes with my friends. I had to make my own friends, and at that time in my life that was a big deal. I was too shy, timid, and self conscious. I usually kept to myself and felt akward in social settings.


Until next time,

You're Blessed!


- Bunmi


Wait before you go:


1. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

2. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' located on the right of this post.



3. If you have any suggestions or personal questions that you'd like for me to address, please fill out the contact form on the right of this post and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

4. You can share this post and all previous posts on facebook, twitter, etc by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.