Tuesday, July 17, 2018

On the Verge of Weary

Source: Goggle

Hello!

If this is your first time here, you’re welcome! And for those of you continuously return to read my posts, thank you! Welcome back!

Enjoy!

********

Before I left Nigeria, my husband and I both took some time to pray about where God would have us settle when we arrived in America; we both knew that there was geography in destiny- we had to be at the right place at the right time. After taking time out to pray individually, we both heard 'Houston' and we came to a consensus. I personally wanted to return to Maryland, I felt like starting a ministry there would be "easier" since I had friends that would probably be willing to help out, etc. Plus, I had falling in love with the state, so many memories were birthed there. But atlas, God was leading us to a city where I once said I couldn't never live!

 A city where I was born and lived until my family relocated to N.Y.. A city that was just good enough for summer vacations; my siblings and I would visit our cousins almost every other summer...it was cool for short-term stay but we fought our dad relentlessly (my mom being the ring leader) when he pleaded with us time and time again to move back to Houston. "Its too hot there"; "Its too slow paced"; "The Houston accent sounds funny"; "We don't like the type of music they listen to"; We have more varieties of food here." ....The list was endless, eventually he gave up the pleading and we stayed in NY.

However, I had gotten to a point where I knew better. So I accepted the destination without much struggling. If God brought me too Nigeria and turned my life around; I could only imagine what he was set to go for, with and through us in Houston! Plus one of my closets friends and cousin lived in Houston, so I wouldn't be lonely. We arrived back to N.Y. after our ministration in MD and we had to make a decision. One day my mom beckoned me to her room and asked what our plans were. She encourage me to leave NY as soon as possible so that we can settle down. My cousin was getting married in about a week and half from that time in Houston. My husband and I decided that it was the best opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. So we booked our one-way flights to Houston.

We were running low on cash and the question of where we'd live came up over and over again from different people. We had no idea but we trusted that God will make a way since he told us to go to Houston. The plan was for me to get a job asap and put our daughter in daycare while my husband got accumulated to his new environment for a few weeks. My cousin that was set to get married offered for us to stay with her but I told her that it wasn't a good idea; she was about to be a newly wed and we didn't want to invade their privacy. My mom offered to call her older cousin and asked if we could stay with her and her husband; I was hesitant, but before I could turn down the offer, my mom already called and asked if we could stay for a month.

In the back of my mind I thought "one month is too long" . I had already started applying to jobs in Houston and I was trying to connect with people who could help me get my desired position in the Public Health field. I was certain that I would find something without any issues. Fast forward to about two weeks after my cousin's wedding; my husband and I were beginning to get weary. We had no car, there were no job leads and our money was running low. Having to depend on others to get from point A to B was so inconvenient; living in Houston without a car is a tragedy - you can't get too far. The public transportation is very limited; the taxis were unreasonably expensive and it was just too hot to walk. So we were bored and on the brink of being hopeless. Shortly after this, I got a job offer but declined because the pay was too low.

My aunt was an awesome host she tried her best to make us feel comfortable. However, I struggled with being a married woman and a mother and having to live with another family; it bruised my pride. And I felt like my daughter deserved better. I think it affected my husband more but he did a good job attempting to hide it. He would be very quiet and lost in thought at times, I know it hurt him as a man to not to be able to "provide" for him family. I tried to cheer him up but I also needed some cheering up; thankfully our pastors and families were always a source of encouragement and support and we made the best of the situation. In that season, we later discovered that God was trying to teach us something. We had to go through it so that others didn't. It was a part of our testimony; It was a part of our ministry.

With lots of love,



- Bunmi Adebiyi


Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

2 comments:

  1. HOW I WAS CURE FROM HERPES WITHIN  7DAYS WITH THE HELP OF DR SAMBOLA
    HERBAL MEDICINE CONTACT DR SAMBOLA VIA
    drsambolaherbalhome@gmail.com
    (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a
    dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more
    comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if
    you need his help,contact hi
    I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore
    blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX
    VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost
    hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i
    searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw
    testimoney about DR SAMBOLA online on how he cured so many persons from
    Herpes virus so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i
    know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to
    know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will
    help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting
    him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via
    FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he
    instructed mes Email: (drsambolaherbalhome@gmail.com) You
    can contact him and whatsApp him +2348168259521
    He also have the herbs to cure difference cure for any sickness
    (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA...

    kindly email DR SAMBOLA for your own cure if you have any disease listed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.