Thursday, July 26, 2018

A New Dawn

Source: Google


Hello!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Do me a huge favor, if you've ever been blessed by my post; kindly leave a comment, like the post and share!!!

Now on to today's post....ENJOY!

*********
Days turned into nights and multiple nights became frustrating weeks. The wait was long and hard and tiring. Have you ever felt like God has forgotten you? Well, that's how it felt...even though we knew it was far from the truth. At one point, I thought "God why did you bring us here? We were comfortable in Akure."  Go figure...I was sounding like a modern day Israelite! I knew better but I was allowing my current situation to dictate my thoughts and I had to snap out of it. If anything, I had to be strong for my daughter.

Before our relocation, I had spent months praying and confessing God's Word. By faith, I  had already received our fully furnished house, brand new cars, great jobs, awesome church members and the list goes on. Plus I was an American citizen with a master's degree, I was certain that everything would fall into place in no time. i never expected the wilderness experience or the silent season; no I didn't expect my faith to be tested. After all we came to America willingly and obediently via God's instruction. We came for the sake of purpose and we knew that God would take care of us; but we weren't prepared for the lessons that we had to learn in the process.

We tried to make the best of it; going to the grocery store, the donut shop and church when we had access to a car were the highlights our days. Despite the circumstances that surrounded us, we were not hopeless and we were beyond grateful to be together as a family. God had been too good to us; so our aim was the major of the goodness of God and minor on our situation.

One day, my husband woke up and said that he was going to go get a job. I was astonished but I didn't dare try to stop him; the determination in his eyes kept my mouth closed. I went ahead to encourage him and secretly prayed that his efforts wouldn't be in vain. When he told me that he was taking the bus, I was worried because the last time he tried that it took him three hours to find his way home from a place that was just 15 minutes away from home.

I called him a few times to check on him and he kept reassuring me that he was okay; and I went about my day. My uncle told him about a agency that could assist him with to temporary job placement; so he set out on a quest to locate their office. Unfortunately when he finally arrived at the location, he was told that only did placements for administrative/office jobs; and with him being a foreign trained medical doctor, there wasn't much that they could do for him. He left that place discouraged, not knowing that God had other plans.

As he was walking back to the bus stop, he passed by a gate where he saw people gathering. He made eye contact with a man as he was directing people to a door; he said to my husband "You're looking for a job right?" My husband was surprised but quickly answered in the affirmative. The man then directed him inside a room where representatives of the company were conducting interviews on the spot. He sat waiting for his turn not knowing what the job description was. When it got to his turn, he was asked some questions; the interviewer liked his responses and hired him right then and there! She proceeded to ask for his application and other documentation, it was then that she realized that he never applied. She asked him how he got into the room and he told her that someone outside of the gate led him in. She was shocked but it was too late, he was already hired!

He left home determined and came home with a testimony. It didn't go the way he planned but it went the way God intended it to...talk about prepared places and God's favor! Indeed be never forgets his own; he always with us...even in the midst of hard times. Those times aren't designed to crush us; they're designed to build us up and establish us. From that day forth we began to see the light that was always within the tunnel; God began to open doors for us in astonishing ways.

To be continued...

With lots of love,



- Bunmi Adebiyi


Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.