Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Make the Best of 2018

Source: Google




HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Woohoo the long await year has arrived!!! 2018!!!

Congratulations! You made it! You're reading this because you're alive!!! What a beautiful time to be alive!

I am very excited about this New Year, I hope you are also? If not, GET EXCITED!

Before proceeding further, I want to thank you all for your support. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

It is one thing to pour out your heart and pray that people would take the time to read it; it is another thing to actually have people read your work and give you feedback! I am grateful to all my readers; you inspire and motivate me!

One of my goals for this blog this year is to be more consistent in posting here (So help me God!). I also want to make it more interactive. Your comments, feedback, suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated! Please help me to keep the fire burning, your feedback means so much to me.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's continue to today's post.

***

So it is a New Year and a number of things occur at the beginning of each year. People are generally in high spirits. People are making resolutions, setting goals and dreaming big. You hear phrases like:  "New Year, New Me" or "Out with the old, in with the new". These are all good and great. I always encourage people to make plans and set achievable goals. There is a common saying that goes, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"; I totally agree.

Many people start off each year in grand style; however a couple of months after ringing in the new year, "life happens" and many end up hopeless and discouraged. We see many people lacking the strength to get pass the hurdles and end up throwing in the towel. 

Don't be that person this year! Enough time has been wasted! Enough goals have been left unachieved! No more giving up! No more loosing hope! Dream again, believe again and hope again!

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."- Albert Einstein

In this New Year, one of the keys to accomplishing your goals is to develop a new game plan and be consistent (stick to it). In this generation we are used to getting things done fast- when we want it and how we want it. The Word 'patience' seems to have become a curse; 'overnight success' and 'getting rich fast' are more appealing phrases. Giving up at the first sign of resistance is a no-no; there is beauty in persistence because it always produces the desired outcome.

But, can I be honest with you? While all this sounds good and straightforward, it takes a divine intervention for your dreams to become a reality. It takes inside information to develop a new game plan that will actually work. Naturally speaking, we don't have the ability to accomplish God-inspired goals in our strength. Many people recognize a higher power or a supreme being; as a result there are many religions today. However, I'd like to invite you into a relationship; I'd like to introduce you to true love, to the real definition of fatherhood; I'd like to introduce to a person, the truth, the real deal, the all-knowing, and all-powerful.

I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. - Jeremiah 10:23 (NLT)

Stop doing business as usual; there is always a bigger and better way. Having a relationship with God is the first step; however we must cultivate this relationship. Like any relationship, if you fail to put in work the relationship will not flourish. If you've not accepted the Jesus as your Lord and savior, don't wait another second, click here. If you already have a relationship with God, that's great; but it is time to step it up a few notches. 

When you received Jesus as your Lord and savior, you gave up your right to take care of yourself and figure life out by yourself; you no longer have to be independent, instead choose to be absolutely dependent on God. God has a plan for every aspect of your life, you really don't know all there is to know about your life. It takes an intimate relationship with God to know the different phases and stages of your life (Ecclesiastes 3:1).

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. - Psalm 32:8 (KJV) 
The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. -Psalm 32:8 (NLT)
 
Stop putting pressure on yourself, stop trying to do it by yourself, stop trying to figure it out by yourself, stop allowing yourself to be led by circumstances; if you continue, your strength will fail. Connect to the strength of God through constant fellowship with him. Seek to know him for yourself, seek to go beyond the perimeter and press into intimacy with him; this is TRUE LOVE! As you develop this relationship, he will instruct, teach and guide you into the beautiful life that he has prepared for (Psalm 32:8). Let your pursuit for God be your number one goal this year; as you seek him, he will reveal his plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11) which will inform your goal setting.

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. -Psalm 16:11 (NIV)
  
In this New Year, I pray that you will develop a burning desire to seek God more and develop a better relationship with him. I pray that you will be strengthened to prioritize fellowship with God. I pray that the things that have distracted you in the past will give way to a renewed passion for God and fulfilling his purpose for your life. AMEN


Thanks for reading! I love you!


You're blessed!

~With lots of love

Bunmi Adebiyi

Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.