Wednesday, January 17, 2018

An Ode to My One and Only First Love


Source: Google


To the ONE that captivated my heart
To the ONE that captured my soul
To the ONE that catered to every fiber of my being

I LOVE YOU

Your LOVE is intoxicating
Your LOVE is overwhelming
Your LOVE is irresistible

I LOVE YOU

I cannot and NEVER will forget when we first met
It was LOVE at first sight
It was REAL love

I LOVE YOU

I remember FALLING asleep in your arms at night
I remember your KISSES wiping my tears away
I remember you being my LIGHT in darkness

I LOVE YOU

Memories of our intimate moments fill my MIND
Memories of you catching me after each fall fill my HEART
Memories of your presence at all times fill my MOMENTS

I LOVE YOU

I cannot and never will stop LOVING you
I cannot and never will stop THINKING about you
I cannot and never will stop YEARNING for you

I LOVE YOU

How can my first love be my GOD?
How can my first love be my KING?
How can my first love be my FATHER?

I LOVE YOU

You are my EVERYTHING
My everything is YOU
NOTHING else will do

I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Thank you for never LEAVING me
Thank you for LOVING me unconditionally
Thank you for always LIFTING me in your arms

OH HOW, I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU FOR FIRST LOVING ME!!!

Now and forever you will always remain my first and only LOVE
Now and forever you will be the owner of my HEART
Now and forever you will be the center of my UNIVERSE


TO MY FIRST AND FOREVER LOVE, I LOVE YOU FOREVER!

*****

John 15:13 No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends. (ISV)

I am madly in love with Jesus like never before. If you spent a large part of your life searching for love in all the wrong places, through all the wrong means and in all the wrong people, until you found out that it is only Jesus that could fill that void; you'd understand what I mean. I remember times in my life when I was literally down and out; I had nothing going for me. I failed out of physical therapy school, my longtime relationship crashed, I had no job, the people that I called friends disappeared, I barely had enough money to eat and pay my bills; but GOD! 

He was always there, cheering me on and comforting me. He reminded me of his love for me constantly. Even when I tried to fight it, he didn't let me go. Even when I tried to ignore him, he drew me closer. It was when I finally let my guards down and allowed him to be him and love me that I found a reason to keep living. It was in my time of surrender, that I discovered him and in turn discovered me. It was in this time that I discovered my purpose and it all made sense; there were some things that I had to grow through in order to fulfill destiny. There were also some things that I didn't have to subject myself to; but the good news is that he caused all things to work out for my good.

JESUS IS MY FIRST LOVE!

*If you have no idea what I am referring to, you're missing out! Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart; all you have to do is let him in [Click here].

If you have experience his love, why don't you just take some time to thank him for his love today!


Thanks for reading! God bless you!


With lots of love,


- Bunmi

Wait before you go:


1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.