Thursday, January 25, 2018

Being Thankful



Source: Google
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Ephesians 5:20 (KJV)

I woke up today and after reading my daily devotional, I got up and proceeded to the bathroom to do my normal morning routine. Shortly after getting to the bathroom, I realized that I wasn't feeling so good. I decided to go back to bed for a little bit. After a few minutes, I wasn't feeling any better. Apparently, my work out from the night before plus my new healthy eating habit coupled with the fact that I'm nursing was a bit too much for my body to handle. I felt dizzy every time I tried to get up, so I just laid there. My own strength failed me, so I had to tap into a higher power.

I began to pray and declare God's Word over my body; I would say "the Holy Spirit dwells in me therefore my body is quicken"; "I am strengthened with might by the Spirit of God in my inner man". At some point, praying was getting difficult; so I asked my husband who was also praying over me (thank God for my priest) to pass me my phone. I began to play recorded messages of my pastors sharing the Word of God. Afterwards I prayed a bit more than I decided to switch to worship; I went on YouTube and started to play songs from one of my favorite worshippers. Wow! In no time, I had strength to pray and I started praying in tongues until my body began to shake. Of course, fear tried to creep in but I refused to let it!


There was an automatic shift when I began to praise God; it helped me to take the attention off of what I was feeling and focus on how good God is. Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Within a few minutes, I was up and about like nothing happened. And I couldn't help but praise God some more. I thanked him for health, imagine someone confined to a hospital bed; prayer may be the last thing on their mind. I thanked God for the privilege of prayer; I thanked God for the ability to move my legs, hands, etc. 

There are so many good things that we overlook because we are too busy focusing on what we don't have. If you can complain, then you surely have more than enough reasons to give thanks. If you're tempted to complain about a utility bill, that means you have a roof over your head to be thankful for. If you complain about your child making a mess in your home, it means that you have a child and a home to be thankful for. If you could complain about your boss that means that you have a job to thank God for; the list is endless.

I want to challenge today, instead of complaining about that thing choose to give thanks. Refuse to focus on the issue and look to God, he is the solution. If you take some time to recollect what you’ve been through in the past, you’ll realize that problems, challenges, issues, etc. never last forever. Be encouraged!


With lots of love,

- Bunmi

Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.