Thursday, August 31, 2017

Our Spontaneous Honeymoon

Source: Goggle




Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting this space today.

I am so happy to be alive today after going through and surviving Hurricane Harvey. The last few days have been unexplainable. I will share my experience in a detailed blog post soon.

Today, I will continue my personal testimony on life after my wedding day. In my last post, I shared my wedding day experience. Overall, it was a beautiful day however I allowed myself to be distracted by the things that didn't go according to plan. At the end of the day the most important thing is that I was joined in holy matrimony with God's special gift to me.

****
As we drove out of the reception venue, I sighed a sigh of relief. Finally 'it' was over. I was exhausted and famished. We were told that we couldn't eat while in the reception hall; I guess for the sake of pictures or whatever. So we were stuck with drinks and snacks; thankfully I had breakfast that morning.

As our driver continued on the rode, he turned to ask us where we were headed. Imagine my astonishment when I turned to my husband and he didn't have a definite answer. He was responsible for planning the honeymoon...big mistake! Prior to our wedding day, I kept asking if the honeymoon plans were set and he would answer in the affirmative. It didn't take me long to realize that planning such things was not one of his strengths. I was too tired to be upset, I just wanted to eat and sleep.

To top it off, I wasn't comfortable; the driver had a passenger in the front seat that we didn't see earlier. Thankfully, my brother in law brought it to our attention and questioned him before we left the reception venue. However, I still wasn't comfortable with this random stranger.

My husband told the limo driver and his friend to drop us off at the Sheraton hotel after spotting it from a distance. "Good choice" I thought to myself. After unloading our things from the car, we said farewell to the limo driver and the random stranger, would suddenly became friendly when we reached our destination. Of course, his sudden change in attitude was in anticipation of the tip he was expecting. My husband paid his dues and they went their way.

As soon as we walked into the lobby of the hotel, all eyes were on us. From the way we were dressed, It was clear that we were celebrating something. After we told the large crowd that we just got married, congratulatory shouts filled the air from people of various nationalities. In that moment, I felt good. I forgot all about the 'old' and embraced the 'new'....yes!!!! I was really married!!!

My husband proceeded to the reception desk to get our room situated as I sat holding my heavy wedding dress in my lap. The hotel staff proceeded to offer us drinks while we waited. It felt good, I felt like a celebrity; the thought, "I can get used to this"  crossed my mind. We finally got a room and it was beautiful. It felt like I was in another country, the hotel facilities were top notch.

The first thing that I did after dropping our belongings, was grab the food that was packed for us. Imagine my disappointment when I realized that the food was cold and their was no microwave in our room; I don't do cold food. Thankfully the hotel management sent us a complementary tray of fruits and some more drinks to celebrate our newly wed status; so that was my dinner.

The telephone in our room rang and my husband was told to come to the reception desk. Although he paid some of the bill already, he was told to put the remaining balance down before we called it a night. When I saw the bill, all the relief that initially felt disappeared; the room was 48 thousand naira (about $250) per night; which was definitely above our budget. We had to start counting our monetary gifts from the wedding, thankfully we had enough for one night.

Needless to say, I couldn't be bothered about anything any longer. I proceeded to take a shower to relieve the stress. And like they say, the rest is history!

You are blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.