Saturday, April 09, 2016

Are you tired? worn out? or burned out?

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 MSG

Do you feel overwhelmed? Are you always tired? Does every day seem like an uneventful routine? Are you tired of hearing about the good life but your reality seems far from it? I have good news for you, help has arrived!

Stop trying so hard, your works won't yield the desired results. Lean on grace, that's how to truly live. At times, if we are not careful we can get carried away with trying to do all the right things to get God to bless us. You don't have to pray or fast to get God to do something for you. Now they are both great and necessary, however they have their place. Prayer is for fellowship purposes and fasting is done in order to be sensitive enough to hear from God concerning a particular thing.

The bible tells us that God has given us ALL things (2 Peter 1:3). We gain access into these things as we learn to walk with him and learn from him. God didn't create us and dump us on Earth to figure things out on our own. We were created to dependent on him for everything. 

Jesus Christ came to the Earth to give us grace (John 1:17). Grace is God's supernatural ability given to us to live the abundant life (John 10:10). You don't work for grace; it is a gift (Ephesians 2:8; Romans 11:6). In the above scripture, we have an invitation to come to Jesus and recover life! Accepting this invitation leads to rest...no more being tired, worn or burnt out. Grace is unforced, it is a flow (1 Corinthians 15:10).

Religion will tell you otherwise. It will tell you that you have to follow a set of rules to please God. Religion will tell you that you're a sinner and you'll never be right with God. Religion will tell you that it is normal to be poor or sick. But that's not God's Will for you; it is all lies.

All God wants is a relationship with you. All God needs is your faith (Hebrews 11:6). Put your hands in his today and allow him to lead you; with each step taken in and by grace. Stop trying so hard, Jesus did all for you on the 
cross (Galatians 3:13-14). 

Are you ready for the good life? Step out in faith today! Trust me you won't fall, Jesus is waiting for you with open arms.

Confession: Heavenly Father, today I make up my mind to walk and work with you by Grace. I rest in you in Jesus' name. Amen.



Prayer starter: Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace. Today I ask for strength and wisdom to live the life that Jesus came to give me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.