Monday, August 03, 2015

The Truth Sets Free

Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him. “If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.” (John 8:31-32 MSG)
In order to have God-like experiences or results, you have to live out the Word of God. The Word of God is our manual for life, It is not a story or history book. If we keep at it and allow it to dwell in us richly, we'll experience heaven on earth (Colossians 3:16). The Word is the answer to all of life's questions and the solution to all of life's problems. Joshua 1:8, tells us that we make our way prosperous and become good successes as we meditate on the Word. Your actions are a result of your meditations.

As my mentor says, "Prosperity is in the doing of the Word". You can not expect to prosper financially if you fail to follow God's instructions for financial prosperity. Luke 6:38, says to give and it'll be given unto us. Naturally it may not make sense to give when you don't have enough for yourself, but it's the kingdom way to increase. When you give to God in the midst of not enough, he will surprise you with more than enough. We have an account with God in heaven, you can't make any withdrawals from it without making any deposits first (Philippians 4:17). When you give to God, you prove to him that you trust him and that he's your source. 

Be a disciple of Christ Jesus, don't be an impersonator. Disciples are real followers, they keep pace with their master. We are called to be disciples of the Lord, our daily agenda should be to trust and obey him in all things. You have to reach a point where you realize that you are nothing without God. All that you have, all that you've become and will ever be is by God. Like Jesus said, I can of myself do nothing (John 5:30). It took me a while to see this. I always felt that I had some part to play in my accomplishments, until I realized that before I received Christ Jesus as my Lord and savior I was a failure in every area of my life. I couldn't get anything right: my relationships were horrible, academically I was just average, emotionally I was a wreck, etc. 

Many people see the bible as a set of rules and regulations that are meant to bind them or prevent them from enjoying life. However that is far from the truth, in reality it is the key to a life of grace and glory, a life of abundance. The Word of God that is understood and acted upon is the key to freedom. Because it is the truth! Take the Word of God as your reality, he's a good God. It is his Will for you to enjoy the absolute best, we were not created to suffer. 

Take the Word of God at face value, stop looking around. Focus on it! The more you look to the Word, the more you'll begin to look like it. God loves you with an everlasting love, he didn't give us the bible to study it as a punishment but it was given so that we wouldn't fall for the lies of the devil. It is the truth that you know that sets you free. Your life depends on the Word, don't take it for granted (Matthew 4:4). 

Confession: In the name of the Lord Jesus, I declare that the Word of God is my life. As a disciple of Christ Jesus, I study it and live it out daily and experience true freedom. Amen!

Prayer Starter: Heavenly father, thank you for your Word. From hence forth, I do not take it for granted. I receive grace to study it daily and live it out totally in Jesus' name. Amen!



You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.