Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Power of the Spoken WORD

Source: Google

I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.  
Mark 11:23 NLT

Have you ever struggled with reading the bible? Maybe you begin to read and you get bored easily or you suddenly feel sleepy. I've been there, there was a point in my life when the bible did not make any sense to me; it was comparable to an old history book in my opinion. I didn't see what other people claimed to see and I couldn't understand how people got the Word of God to “work for them”. I concluded that I had no control over what occurred in my life and I just had to go with the flow; accepting everything that life threw my way.

This way of thinking was my permanent abode until life happened and I was left alone, confused and scared. In that moment, I ran to God and sought after him like never before. I would ask God to reveal himself to me; I wanted to know him for myself. There was 'something' within me telling me that there was more to life and I didn't have to settle. As I followed God's leading, the bible became alive to me. I saw Jesus in it, in turn I saw myself. I saw who I was created to be and what God had prepared for me. I was glued to the Word, from listening to sermons, to attending church services and programs severally times a week to setting out time to study the bible; I became an addict!

*** 

The Word of God is not effective if it is just in your head; it becomes effective once it enters into your heart. Merely skimming through pages in the bible, reading a verse here and there would leave you with information in your head. Meditation on God's Word is the way to get it into your heart. Meditation involves reading scriptures, in depth study of scriptures and confession of scriptures (speaking the Word out loud to yourself); this process continues until the Word sinks in, bypassing your mind and going into your spirit and igniting Faith in you (Joshua 1:8).

The quickest way to get anything into your heart is by speaking it. We must understand that our words contain power. Our inherit power is released through our words. The type of power that you release depends on the words that you choose to speak; you either releasing miracle working power or destructive power (Proverbs 18:21). You must speak the Word in faith to make it work for you.

Faith in God and his Word is the key to living the life that Jesus died to give. Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by the hearing of the Word. You must hear the Word of God in order to believe and receive it. You hear the Word of God when you speak it back to yourself via meditation and when you listen to a sermon being taught or preached by an anointed minister of God.

Colossians 3:16, tells us to let the Word of Christ dwell in us richly. When this scripture speaks about the 'word of Christ', it is referring to the Greek word 'logos' which is defined as the spoken word of God. God's Word is the container of his power (Hebrews 1:3); in order to release the power of God into any area of your life, you need to speak it. It is the Word that you decree that becomes established (Job 22:28); not the word you merely 'think' upon. 

When you decree the Word of God, you are defining the portion of your inheritance in him; you are selecting the boundaries for what you will or will not allow in your life (Matthew 18:18). 


You must get to the point where the Word of God overwhelms and overtakes you then begins to ooze out of you. This is a place where you only hear, see, speak and do what the Word of God says; there is no other option and there is no backup plan. The Word is God's gift to you; it is your access into all that God has prepared for us.  As you speak this Word to yourself, using it to address situations and circumstances; you unleash the power of God to make it good. So speak the Word over every area of your life today and awaiting the performance of that very Word!



You are blessed!



- Bunmi


Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.