Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Shadows

Source: Google



Today as I drove to work and prayed in tongues at the same time, I caught a glimpse of my car's shadow on the ground. I've seen it several times before, therefore I was tempted to ignore it. But the holy spirit called my attention to some things.

I decided to look at the shadow once again and I noticed a few things. The first thing that I noticed was that the shadow of my car displayed a distorted image of my car. The shadow portrayed a car that was shaped completely different from the actual car. In the shadow, the roof of my car was elongated.

The second thing that I noticed within the shadow was that my car appeared to be crossing into the left lane, even though I was in the middle lane. After staring at the shadow for a few seconds, I started to actually believe that my car was crossing over into the left lane; until I looked up and saw that I was in the perfect (right) position in the middle lane.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 KJV
The Lord began to speak to my heart. He said "this is what happens to people who focus their attention on the shadows of the devil. They choose to focus their attention on circumstances and situations and/ or trials and tribulations. When this occurs, the devil magnifies these things and the appear bigger than they really are. The devil distorts circumstances and if you look at that distorted image long enough, you'll begin to believe that it is true."

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4 KJV
He went on to say, "I am in you and I am greater than anything that tries to come against you. When you focus on me and my Word, you will know the truth and you will be set free. When you look unto Jesus, your faith when be strengthened. Looking to shadows or the lies of the enemy will instill fear in you."

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord , He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Psalms 91:1‭-‬2 KJV

I decided to search a few scriptures where the word shadow was mentioned and I saw 'shadow' defined as the word 'Tsale' in Hebrew, which is translated as shade or defence in English. It is the shadow of the Lord that offers shade or defence. The shadow of the devil offers lies- False Evidence Appearing Real (FEAR).

Stop looking at those false shadows, they are not real!!! The shadow of God provides shade, shelter, comfort and defence. When you focus on God and hold on to his Word, you will have peace and rest, irrespective of the circumstances that surround you. The shadow of God is his glory. The glory of God is a covering (protection) and defence. 

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
We reinforce our position within the glory of God by focusing our attention on God and his Word. Make the Word of God your reality. Believe it, receive it, and confess it! All the devil can give you is a ton of lies, however God can never lie. It is absolutely impossible for God to lie. God will always do his part, you have to do your part by believing and acting on what you've believed. Your actions will always be in line with what you believe.

Watch the shadows that you pay attention to. Choose to focus on God and you'll see clearly. You will know the truth and you will live a glorious life!


You are blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.