Saturday, January 07, 2017

2*0*1*7

Source: Google


2017 is here!

Many people enter into the New Year with a number of emotions or feelings. These emotions range from good to bad…from excitement to regret. Some people have good emotions because 2016 was filled with many accomplishments, good times, etc. And other people enter the new with bad emotions because 2016 may have been filled with unaccomplished goals, disappointments, heart breaks, etc.; while some people may have a mixture of both emotions.

I choose the good…to me a new year provides a fresh clean slate. Yeah I made a number of annoying mistakes in 2016. There were a number of “coulda-shoulda-woulda(s)”. There were a number of times that I surprised myself with my behaviors, thoughts and words. 2016 was tough on me…God pruned me and showed me myself…my flaws glared at me and I couldn’t stand to look at myself. Situations and circumstances bombarded me and hurled various questions at me “Who are you?” “Where is your faith?” “Do you believe what you say?”

“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”
{1 Peter 1:7 KJV}

“And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, “My child, don’t make light of the LORD’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you. For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”               {Hebrews 12:5-6}

The good news is that I made it! I came out stronger, better and wiser. By God’s grace, there is still room for growth…but the bottom of the line is that I made progress. On that note, it is a new year! Don’t start it off by beating yourself up. God has given you a blank check; take it and fill it up with your desires. God is ready to lead you into greener pastures. There is more! More than your dreams! More than you can pray for! More than your imaginations! More than your past and present successes! More than you’ve heard of or seen!

It is time for us believers to take our place. In this year 2017, God is calling us higher; he is calling us deeper; he is calling us to his secret place. He has treasures stored up for us and he is ready to unleash them. This year he wants to give us things on the bill of his grace and favor…free gifts. He wants to show us what appears like mysteries to others. He wants to reveal his glory through us. He was to place us on pedestals and show us off to the world. There is a KING in you and it is time to unleash him! No more laying low, no more hiding behind the scenes, no more taking cover backstage…you were created to ARISE and SHINE; it is time to take center stage, God has placed something in you that is unique. You are the solution to the problems of nations. You are the answer to the prayer of multitudes. Christ in you is the hope of GLORY!

So, shake the bad of the past off and embrace the future! God is about to blow your mind in 2017!!! You just have to relax and trust him. Believe and receive all that he has said to you. See yourself in the light of the Words that God has spoken concerning you and run with it!!! Yes there is work to be done, but let God lead you and your efforts will never be in vain. It is going to cost you to walk according to God’s Will; it will cost you time, dedication and consistency. You have to master the art of being still and sitting at his feet. At this place, you will find your rest, answers to all your questions and guidance along the path that he has paved for you.

Have a blessed, joyous, rewarding, wonderful, celebration-filled, prosperous 2017! See you at the TOP!


You are BLESSED!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.