Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pruning Season

Hello all, 

Thanks for stopping by today!

It's been a while since I posted something personal. The Lord laid it on my heart to share, I pray that this will encourage someone.


*** 

The last few months have been tough for me. I've been extremely busy and became overwhelmed about all that was going on around me. You see, I always have a plan; I like to plan ahead and have backup plans if the original one does not work. However during the course of the past few months, my plans were uprooted and thrown in my face.

I was under extreme pressure and was shocked to see some old traits resurface. I was easily angered, impatient, annoyed, sad, unfulfilled, and discouraged. To cut it short, I was a mess. Yet I tried to put up a front like all was well; because I had so many people around me. I just wanted to be alone but everything and everyone kept calling out for my attention. There was so many times where I wanted to shout "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" or run away. But atlas, I had to go through it. I had to face the unpleasant music.

You see, God was pruning me. He was working on and in me...I call it spiritual surgery. There was some stuff that I thought I had dealt with that was just hidden under a front. There were some issues that I haven't gotten over with; they were just shoved under the rug. So here I was, naked and ASHAMED!!!

I know better, why wasn't I doing better? Why was I allowing people, things, and situations to get to me? Yeah I am not where I want to be...yeah my dreams seem far-fetched naturally speaking but come on! God has been too good to me! However at that moment, the "good" seemed insignificant...all I saw was the bad and ugly...and that is was what I focused on.

I needed help. I needed to be more patient. I needed to be more hospitable. I needed to be more flexible. I needed to be more accommodating. I needed not to be so hard on myself. I needed to learn how to manage my expectations. I needed to learn how to make lemonade out of the sour lemons that were being torn my way. I needed to relax! I needed to walk in love! I needed to trust God! I needed to dance in the midst of the storm! I needed to see the rainbow at the end of the rain storm!

I must admit that I missed it several times. I'll be good for a few days and relapse. I was emotionally unstable. I didn't want to be pruned. I did not want my faith to be tested. I did not want to be examined. I did not want to be criticized. In my mind, I was perfect and no one could tell me otherwise.

Hmm...But thank God for the growth process. We will fall but the good news is that we can get back up again by the grace of God. We must understand that tests are for the best. We must understand that pruning leads to fruitfulness. We must understand that there is no promotion without an examination. We must understand that the Lord chastises who he loves. We must understand that when tests come, they come to challenge your identity; they come to ask "Who are you?" We must understand that when we are confident of our identity in Christ Jesus, glory and honor is the result.

Growth is good. Tests are needed. Seasons come and seasons go, God is always in control. We overcome by faith; faith in the one true God. Faith in the God, with whom nothing is impossible. Faith in the almighty, all powerful, all knowing God. Faith always wins!

So what did I do? I fell on my knees and cried out to God. I repented and asked for help. Help to be a better version of myself. Help to love like he does. Help to be more patient, kind, hopeful, believe the best and endure. Then I went to the Word-the truth. I had to renew my mind; it was obvious that I missed it somewhere and started believing some lies of the enemy. I needed to be strengthened, I got the Word and joy replaced the heavy burdens. I received peace beyond measure.

No, everything was not perfect; things were still pending but I chose to rest. Faith rests. Faith trusts the invisible God to do the impossible. Faith rejoices always. Faith knows that all things work together for good. Faith knows that God always shows up on time.

My mentor was around at this time and she helped me. She saw the flaws and corrected me in love. It was a tough pill to swallow at first because I didn't want anyone to see the negatives. But I needed it. I needed to be checked. I needed to acknowledge the negatives so that I can be developed properly. People say that your attitude determines your altitude; and for where God is taking me I needed to make adjustments. So I took the correction with tears in my eyes, and I was determined to make the necessary changes.

I write this to encourage that person. That person who is hurting, that person who is confused, that person who is disappointed, that person who is feeling unfulfilled, that person who has pending prayer requests, that person who is in need of a desperate miracle. Rest. Trust God. Dance. Laugh. Rejoice...praise him in advance. Don't let that thing get the best of you! God loves you too much to desert you! Cry out to him in prayer, spend time in the Word and receive grace for this stage of your life.


You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi



7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestiny_mlmt

5 comments:

  1. Pastor Bunmi, sincerely this has blessed me. It was just right for the season. God bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that it blessed you! Thanks for reading and for your encouraging comment. God bless you!!!

      Delete
  2. Bless your fragile heart, dear. I am also called to awaken peeple who're only interested in the whorizontal. So we rejoice, dont we, cuzz one day we'll be forever free in God's Kingdome... but, yet, alas! We gotta git through this lifelong demise first, then comes our reward for having the BAWLS in the cranium, of course.

    Here's how I do it:

    trustNjesus, dear.
    Meet me Upstairs.
    Let's getta Big-Ol beer...
    gotta lotta tok about.
    Cya. Love you.
    Let's pray for each other HintHint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog. This post is looking interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us worldreviewdraw-education

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.