Friday, January 09, 2015

You're Welcome!

This blog is titled "Destination Destiny" it's the name that the Lord gave me...he told me to chronicle my journey to discovering purpose and beyond. 

The Lord laid it on my heart to start this blog about two years ago. At first I was very hesitant, because the Lord told me to reveal intimate details about my past that I'm not necessarily proud of. However I am now at a place where I am not ashamed of who I was, because the bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". That's right, in Christ I am brand new ... not refurbished or renovated. In Christ, my past is nonexistent. 


 Source

As a pastor, I've counseled a number of people. After sharing their issues with me, most of them are shocked when I tell them that I've been in their shoes before. It was then that I realized that there was a huge gap. Often times people see one's glory but never truly know their story. Many people are ashamed to share their stories. I thank God for the likes of Joyce Meyer, who bare it all for the sake of the gospel. After listening to the message titled "No More Sheets" by Juanita Bynum, My life changed, I felt relieved. Finally I had someone that understood me! It was then that I realized that my best days were ahead of me.



In obedience to God, I launch this blog. The Lord is going to change lives through this blog. And that's more important than the way I felt initially. When I was going through my secret struggles I sincerely wished that I could have someone to confide in or find a resource to help, but none were readily available. This is my way of helping those going through the same or similar struggles that I got through by the grace of God.
Destiny is always beautiful, when you find it, treasure it! 

About three years ago, I made one of the biggest decisions of my life. I decided to ditch my plans and follow God. He asked me to move away from family, friends, and the country where I was born and raised to a land that he'd show me, sounds familiar? Yup just like he told Abraham (Genesis 12) many years ago. So here I am, in the middle of God's Will! There was no way I could have planned out my life to be this great, it's definitely all God's idea!

So here's an open invitation to come along with me on this journey! You're lucky, you don't have to pack your bags and literally follow me, you can enjoy from the comfort of your laptop, phone, tablet, etc. I promise you that it's going be lots of fun! You know why? Because, God's in it!


This blog will also feature a devotional written by me...bringing you God's Word in a practical and simplistic way. I will also be featuring some of my short stories, snippets of my novels, etc.


You're Blessed!

-Bunmi 


Wait...Before you go: 


1. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


2. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' located on the right of this post.



3. If you have any suggestions or personal questions that you'd like for me to address, please fill out the contact form on the right of this post and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

4. You can share this post and all previous posts on facebook, twitter, etc by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right of this post.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I look forward to reading more! You're blessed!
    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Bunmi. As d holy spirit directs and inspires this journey of urs, so also will d holy spirit equip u to pilot it ijn.

    Iya Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job.
    May d holy spirit who has inspired this project, equip u to pilot it as well ijn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations bunmi!!! Can't wait to read all u have to say... God bless u dear. Dupe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring, Looking forward to reading your spirit filled messages...Glad to go on this Journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring, Looking forward to reading your spirit filled messages...Glad to go on this Journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally the blog showed up :) its been long overdue, i just remembered when we talked a bit about blogging. Congrats and I'm sure blogging your heart would be an amazing journey for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes it is long overdue indeed. Thanks for all your help!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.