Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Lust is Blind *Book Release*






Hello! 

Thank you for stopping by today!

If you follow me on any of my social media platforms, you know what's going down in barely two days!!! I felt like it's only fair that I give you all- my day one's; my greatest supporters the inside scoop.

Enjoy!

****

For the past few months, I've been feeling quite uncomfortable. I felt extremely heavy and I couldn't place my finger on what the issue was. To top it off, operation snap back seem to be unresponsive even though my daughter is now a year old. At one point, I'd wonder if I was pregnant again. I couldn't get past my tummy that refused to shrink and the weight that refused to come off. When I would tell my husband that I felt like I was pregnant, he'd laugh at me and look at me like I was out of touch with reality.

Thoughts of pregnancy still ran through my mind from time to time, what was going on? After going to my annual women's wellness exam it was confirmed that I was indeed not pregnant. Instead some of my abdominal muscles were separated during the course of delivery, I was told to do certain exercises to help with my recovery. Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised because Aunty Flo aka The Lady in Red came knocking for her monthly visit faithfully.

Yet the pregnancy symptoms of bloating and fatigue did not cease. And then one day it hit me! The Lord reminded me of a project that he laid on my heart last year. Thoughts of this project instantly made me feel overwhelmed; I didn't want to talk about it. But, I listened nonetheless I just refused to comment. Towards the end of every year, I analyze the current year pray and seek the Lord's face for the upcoming year. During that time, the Lord laid it on my heart to write a book. He gave me the title "Lust is Blind". Shortly after that, while listening to different sermons by two different preachers (one of them being my pastor) at two different times, they uttered the words "Lust is Blind” randomly. It caught me by surprise but I knew that it wasn't an accident, it was confirmation.

I began writing the book at the beginning of this year, I set a goal of at least a chapter a day during the weekdays and I was doing it faithfully until I had to plan our annual church's conference. After that, life happened and I got extremely busy. I discontinued my routine and didn't think much about the book. At one point, I considered starting it up again but my laptop got into an accident that involved me spilling water onto the keyboard.

Imagine my shock when the Lord spoke to my heart last month and reminded me about the book. He further went on to instruct me to complete it and publish it within a month. I tried to fight it but I couldn't. I tried to explain that it was impossible to do in such a short time with me working, mothering, wife-ing, ministry-ing, mentoring, etc. I got no response to my argument. One day while driving to church, my husband says to me "I think you should write a book; it came to my heart this morning while praying."  He went on to say other things that rendered me speechless, I knew that God was trying to get a message across to me. So I surrendered and decided to obey.

I spoke to my spiritual parents and mentors about it and they gave me the go ahead...even though I was secretly wishing that they'd tell me to chill...lol...smh! Who was I kidding?!?! The Spirit is one! After sleepless nights, lunch breaks used as writing sessions, arriving to work early to write before it was time to clock in, reaching out to my tribe for last minute help, support and prayers...this is happening! I'm giving birth to my baby! I'm bringing forth God's masterpiece. The discomforts that I felt were labor pains! Now it's time for delivery! A number of emotions are running through my being. But the most prominent emotion is one of gratitude. I'm grateful to God for this privilege to be used as his vessel to communicate his message to this generation. Lust is Blind is a love letter from God to you. It is a chain breaker and burden lifter. It is your key to FREEDOM! It is God's plan for you to live the life he designed for you! In two days, you'll have access to this treasure! GET READY!!!






With lots of love,



- Bunmi Adebiyi


Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi


7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.