Monday, August 13, 2018

A Tough Pill to Swallow

Source: Goggle





Hello there! Nice of you to stop by today!!!

Can you do me a big favor? Can you like, comment on and share this post? Please and thank you!

In today's post, I talk about a tough decision that I had to make after getting an interesting instruction from God. My pastor always says, "There's one battle that you should never win and that's choosing your Will over God's Will." In this season of my life, those words served as a guide. I had to forgo my desire to be independent for total dependence on God!

Read the more about it below:

**********  


Moving into that house was the perfect birthday gift to me. I was amazed by God and overwhelmed by how he sorted us out. What an awesome God! About two weeks into moving in we were celebrating my birthday in grand style; I was on cloud nine! A couple of months prior was our wedding anniversary; we were low on cash so we couldn't do much to celebrate. We ended up at Popeyes (a fast food restaurant). It was a humbling experience, I initially was tempted to be sad but I didn't allow myself to go down that path. So there we sat and eating our fried chicken, biscuits and fries. God was still good; we still had a reason to celebrate.

Now here we were barely two months later and we were able to afford celebrating my birthday at a Brazilian steakhouse. God provided for us; he multiplied what we had and he granted me the desire of my heart. It was a milestone birthday for me and l wanted to celebrate! And celebrate I did!

After settling into our home, I started thinking about starting work again. I loved staying home with my daughter and being able to cook different types of meal, etc. But I was ready to interact with other adults, make friends and jump start my career; so I started applying for jobs more aggressively. When I would apply for jobs; I would feel unsettled and I had no idea why. The application purpose was also tedious and stressful. After submitting tons of applications, I would get frustrated because I never got any call backs or invitations for interviews. At one point I felt like my degree was irrelevant; many of the jobs I applied for, I was overqualified for. I had become desperate and started to settle.

After a few months, I eventually was invited for an interview with an internationally recognized organization; I was ecstatic! The first step was a video interview. I did all my research and ensured that I was ready. I was also able to put my daughter to sleep during that time, so it worked out perfectly. After the initial interview, I was invited for an in person interview with a panel. Prior to then, I had to get people to provide references for me; that was a process in itself as I was given a short amount of time; and it had to be done via their online database. It felt like I had to chase a couple people around and send frequent reminders but thankfully they came through in time.

Before the in person interview, I went shopping for interview appropriate attire and accessories. Everything seemed to be working out well as my husband was off from work on the day of the interview; so he was able to watch our daughter and drive me to the location. I informed my pastors and asked for them to pray along with me for favor. I was determined to come back with that job! The interview went very well; I could see myself working in that office. After a few weeks, I got some not so good news...I didn't get the job; I was crushed. I replied the interviewer's email thanking her and asking for feedback from the interview. She replied by stating that I interviewed very well but they decided to go with someone that had more experience.

I was discouraged for some time; I was used to being independent; I had my first job at the age of 16. I wanted to be able to contribute to our family financially; I was tired of not being able to buy certain things that I wanted. I started to pray and ask God what was going on; I felt like I was stuck in one place- I wanted to start my career and I wanted my daughter to start daycare so that she could socialize with children her age, etc. One day my pastor called me and told me that he had a word from the Lord for me. He said, "Do you think that you haven't gotten a job because there's no job out there for you?"; “God wants to use you in this season to begin to intercede for the ministry and other things that he'll lay on your heart.”

Those words hit me hard but they resonated within me. I didn't want to accept it but deep down within I knew it was true. So I decided to obey and retire from job hunting. It was hard; I didn't even know how long I'd have to do this new assignment. My pastor just told me that it'll be in two phases and after the first phase, I'll get a job. I couldn't explain to my parents, siblings and friends what was going on. When they asked about job hunting, I would just ask them to keep me in their prayers. So there I was every day, spending a specific amount of hours in prayer. I would pray for the church that we'd pastor in Houston, for the nation, for souls, for people, etc. It wasn't always easy but I made an effort to do my best with the help of the Holy Spirit and I was accountable to my pastor.

I was now on God's payroll; I was employed by him and about his business. I had to learn that God was my source and depended on him for everything. I couldn't afford to focus on what was available or not enough; I needed to use my faith for even the minutest things. My husband did his best; he was absolutely supportive during this time. Even though he disliked his job, he was committed to ensuring that we were well taken care of. He went above and beyond and encouraged me throughout the process. The assignment lasted for about a year...I never expected that! And when it was complete, God hinted to me that it was time for me to get a job. And the way God did it was a testimony!

With lots of love,



- Bunmi Adebiyi


Wait before you go:

1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!

2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.

5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_

6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

7. Follow me on Instagram: destinationdestinyblog

2 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog for a while,every post has really blessed me. God bless you Ma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! And thanks for your comment. God bless you!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.