Monday, November 02, 2015

Iwalewa VIII

Hello All!

Happy New Month! Wow, God has been faithful! It's November!!!

The Lord will crown off the year with goodness for you in Jesus' name!

Thank you so much for reading Iwalewa, I hope that you've enjoyed reading this story. Furthermore, I pray that you've been empowered, inspired and blessed by this story. This is the last installment of Iwalewa. Look forward to more short stories soon!

I will continue my personal testimony next week, stay blessed!



******

That was five years ago.

That pastor drew me close and made sure I became grounded in the church. His name is Pastor Timothy Adepoju, his wife Pastor Olaide Adepoju was also very kind to me. I thank God daily for them. Not only are they my spiritual parents and mentors, but they are also my in-laws. Yup I married their son, Evangelist Lanre Adepoju, three years ago on December 7th. December 7th is now a day that I remember for good! Lanre is indeed God's best for me, words are not enough to state his worth. And I thank God for our baby girl Charisma, after salvation and marriage, being a mother is the best thing that has happened to me. 

******

Shortly after I re-dedicated my life to Christ. Pastors Timothy and Olaide requested to see me in their office one sunny Friday afternoon. I was shocked, as I walked down the street that led to their office, I began to play various scenarios in my head. Was my mom okay? Did I do something wrong? Is it the way I dress? 

As I entered their office, the smiles on their faces and the compassion in their eyes blotted out all fear from my heart. I knelt down and said "Good afternoon sir and ma"

They responded in unison, "Good afternoon, you are blessed."

"Please get up dear" Pastor Olaide said.

"Have your seat, how's your day been so far?" Pastor Timothy asked.

After exchanging pleasantries, they proceeded to tell me that God revealed some things about me to them. They said I was a ministry gift, meaning I was called to the ministry. They said God brought me to Grace and Truth Ministries to re establish my foundation in him and that he was going to use me to do great things while I was in school. One being, helping young women who had been sexually abused to heal by the Word and ministry of the Holy Spirit.

I couldn't stop my jaw from dropping. I sat there glued to my chair. "How could I do that? I was still learning the ropes... I wasn't even sure if I was completely healed myself... I was too shy to talk in front of people... I wasn't good enough to lead others." 

These thoughts kept replaying in my head until Pastor Olaide said, "Iwalewa, I know what you're thinking. Don't worry, God created you for this. You were anointed even before you were formed in your mother's womb. We are here to help you."

I proceeded to attend foundation school, became a worker and joined the teaching ministry, I also joined Pastor's mentoring program. In a matter of months my life changed drastically. The smoking-drinking-partying-angry-depressed-nightmare having Iwalewa was long gone. I was brand new, and Jesus was so real to me. Life was awesome!

I eventually graduated from school with a 3.5 GPA and went on to Physical Therapy School for three years to receive my Doctorate degree.

Remember Jamilla? My old roommate. She got saved and joined the church. Isn't God faithful? She is now married to an awesome man and has twin girls named, Ayomide and Ayomikun.

I stand before you beautiful ladies as Pastor Iwalewa Adepoju not because I'm perfect but by the grace of God. His grace has made me and it is his grace that has sustained me. True beauty is a result of embodying Godly character. You all have beautiful destinies, God does not have favorites. He loves you just as much as he loves me. And he has sent me here to encourage you. You may have been violated or taken advantage of but you can and will get past this. Forgiving is easier said than done at times, but it's the first step to freedom. God is the God of new beginnings. Would you like to give or rededicate your life to Christ today? He's right here in our midst, calling out to you with open arms. All you have to do is answer and take the first step, he'll take it from there.



Can you relate with Iwalewa? Would you like a beautiful testimony also? Today's your lucky day!

Receive the life of Christ today or rededicate your life, it's very simple. All you need to do confess that he's your Lord and believe that he was raised from the dead so that you can live an abundant life.

Say this simple prayer in faith and that's it!

"Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of the Lord Jesus. I believe with my heart that Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I boldly confess his Lordship over my life. I believe that God raised him from the dead to give me a new life. Thank you Lord, I am reborn! I am a Christian, a child of the Almighty God! I am saved! AMEN!

If you just said this prayer, Congratulations! Welcome to the family! Welcome to the abundant life! Now there are some other steps that you'd need to take and I'd be glad to help you, feel free to contact me via my inbox or email: bunmi1adebiyi@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you! Shalom

You're blessed!


- Bunmi


Wait before you go:


1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.

4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_


6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.