Tuesday, October 06, 2015

The Key to God's Heart

John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 


Do you want to hold the key to God's heart? Do you want to please him at all times? Do you want him to be pleased with you? Of course you do! Well, I have good news for you! It is pretty simple. The key to God's heart is LOVE!!! Love him absolutely + love others = God is happy!!!

When Jesus showed up on Earth, he gave us a new commandment, "...Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other." Naturally speaking, loving others as God loves us may seem overwhelmingly impossible. God's love for us is immeasurable and endless, he loved us enough to give up his most prized possession (John 3:16), he gave us his all.

Loving others is a sacrifice, at times it can even be a risk. A risk because you may not get love in return. However, when we love others we shouldn't focus on what we will get in return; this is the way to avoid being disappointed and hurt. We love because it is a commandment and not a suggestion. We love because it is the system of the kingdom of God. We love because it is our life line as members of the body of Christ. We love because God loved us first (1 John 4:19). 

I know that some people reading this may be thinking to themselves, "I've tried it over and over again, but he/she can't be loved." Something worthy of note is that not everyone can receive love, some people need to be loved from a distance (it may just be for a season). Philippians 1:9 reads, And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment (KJV). The Holman Christian Standard Bible version says it like this, And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment. We need to learn how to love wisely (be discerning) while being genuine at the same time. This can only be done in the strength of the Holy Spirit, trying to do it in your own strength will burn you out. Jesus loved Judas, even though he knew that he would betray him...so what's your excuse?

God will never command us to do something without empowering us to do so. The very type of love that God has, has been given to us. It has been placed in our hearts (Romans 5:5), it finds expression through us as we partner with the Holy Spirit. We can not love others as God has commanded us based on our feelings, feelings are flaky and they are conditional. The God kind of love is unconditional, it is agape!

Aim to please God, jump into the flow of giving love at all times. Don't focus on the person, focus on your father. Receive strength from within. Love is the only way to thrive in the kingdom of God, keep it up at never give up (1 Corinthians 13:1-7). Remain in God's love and obey his commandment (John 15:10), it is not a punishment it is the answer to all of the world's problems. Everyone needs love, give it freely and your father in heaven will reward 
you.

I LOVE YOU ALL!


Thanks for reading! Shalom! 

Confession: In the name of the Lord Jesus, I declare that I walk in love at all times and with everyone. I declare that love is my motivation for all that I do. I declare that love is my passion, it is my drive. Amen.



Prayer Starter: Father, I thank you for placing your love in my heart. I asked that you will strengthen me by your spirit to give love at all times. In Jesus' name, Amen.

You're blessed!


- Bunmi



Wait before you go:




1. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, life won't make any sense, it will be cold and empty. You deserve more! Take a few minutes and click on the 'Come to Jesus' tab at the top of the page and be saved!


2. Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!



3. You can subscribe to this blog and receive email updates once a new post is published by entering your email address in the 'Follow by email' section located on the right of this post.


4. You can share this post or previous posts by clicking on the respective social media icon on the right.


5. Follow me on twitter @BunmiAdebiyi_



6. Like my page on facebook: Bunmi Adebiyi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.